The fact is too many people are worried about their jobs. Their personal finances are uncertain. And looking beyond the immediate crisis to the horizon, we’re all wondering what kind of life we are leaving our children and grandchildren. We are being forced to confront this question: Can we keep America great and leading for future generations?
We all know that wasteful and reckless government spending is driving the problem. Politicians refuse to make the same tough budget choices that countless American families have had to make for months on end. We can still return to the right path with solutions that work. We can get our economy growing and creating jobs. But time to fix the problem is running out. We need a bold, unambiguous and actionable plan.
Free Congress is entering the national conversation with a strategy and initial solutions to help accomplish the three goals in order of urgency: Freeze. Grow. Fix. There is support for these and other creative approaches from a wide range of everyday Americans and influential economic experts alike. Among key initial points of the plan:
- Freeze spending a current levels
- End bailouts and return TARP money
- Abolish baseline budgeting
- Create a joint Congressional committee to reduce annual federal spending by $750 billion
- Extend the full Bush tax cuts for three years
- 25 % top marginal tax rate for small businesses
- Consider simplifying tax rates to 15, 25 and 35 percent
- Train 15 million new entrepreneurs
- Tie increases in social security benefits more accurately to the cost of living
- Personal savings provisions for those under 55
- Medicare benefits based on means and provider payments in line with economic growth
Read more details here.